Monday, March 10, 2008

Mentionable Monday Muses

Maybe.

Jimmie at One Child Policy Homeschool explaines how Lapbooking is helping her little Sprite, even using the CM method. Not only is the cover of her lapbook fun to look at, it has much more to it that meets the eye. Congrats to Sprite for putting all that information into one wonderful illustration. Jimmie also helped me out in an idea of what to do with all those crafts I want to to with my boys.

Jennwa at Ramblings of a Crazy Woman has added a wonderfully unique Centerpiece that doubles as a Basket. This should be a great add on to any Easter Studies.

Heatherlynn at SYMPHONYODD shares her excitement in the upcoming spring. I also cannot wait until I can take the boys outside and plant bulbs, or take walks.

JoAnn at Homeschool Distractions helps others by publishing her New Schedule. I'm thinking that our summer will start out much lighter than this but work our way up. She has also published an amazing idea about Fun Time With a Book. I'll certainly be doing this even if I don't homeschool.

Jessica over at The Trivium Academy walks us through her decisions to her new curriculum and helps out a few readers on how to teach different age groups in the comments. She also has shown us the pleasures of Spring in her lessons.

Amanda at Goodyblog found a great how-to site, called Howcast. It has videos, wikis and even a community. I think that this is something to look at for some hands on fun.

Charisse Marie at Homeschool Mate has collected a great list of articles of how Governer Schwarzenegger is coming to the rescue of the homeschoolers of California.

And I proudly proclaim I found this in my Sunday inserts. Michael's and Crayola are piloting a new program called The Knack. They will be sponsoring a Free Family Event this Saturday at local Michael's Stores, March 15, 2008 from 10:00am to 3:00pm. While there you and yours can create three fun hands on projects. Be sure to check your local store to see if it is available in your area.